Andrea/Duck Dodgers here. I friendly welcome every fan of animation at my blog. The goal is to support the love and rediscovery of Classic Theatrical Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation, keeping meanwhile an eye on Golden Age "Funny Animals" Comics as well as on modern animated productions! Every SUPPRESSED ethnic caricature to be sometimes presented here is just for HISTORICAL and EDUCATIONAL purpose and NOT to offend anyone. Stay Tooned and Enjoy the place !

Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Art of Riley Thomson

What happened to that "p"???

Gonna be incredibly busy for the next ten days, and it's easier to post already made scans of comics than make tons of screenshots, select the best ones and then post them.
So here's again another comicbok story, hope the loyal fans of this blog will not be disappointed if classic cartoons are being neglected at this time.
I will soon return to highlight rarely seen animated shorts in the following weeks.
And I hope Hammerson will be able to do cartoons-related posts in these days.....


Meanwhile enjoy this terrific Riley Thomson (David Gerstein seems to have more believable proofs about his surname than Becattini).
This is one of the funniest Donald Duck stories EVER, so why it has NEVER been reprinted in the States? It's incredibly hilarious, and Donald's poses are extremely wacky and really remind me of Woody in "The Mad Hatter" and other early Lundy shorts with the character.

Enjoy and let me know what you think about this classic story!

























Well, I'll be seein' ya,
Duck Dodgers

7 Comments:

Blogger Thad said...

That's some crazy stuff. I like some of the expressions.

7:49 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Thad,
I'd love to create a website (not a blog) and post this rare unseen stuff on a regular basis.
Too bad I miss the technical knowledge to build something like your old (and excellent) "Golden Age Funnies".

Now that I have the stories available as scans, it's easier to read and watch them. I'm rediscovering the work of Eisenberg for Disney. There's an awesome looking story with Mr. Smee among the other ones that is simply too beautiful to be described with words.

7:05 am

 
Blogger Thad said...

I have the Peter Pan Treasure Chest giant (where the Smee story is from) back at my parents' house (it's in horrible shape).

In addition to a beautiful adaptation of the film (by Al Hubbard) and a 'remake' of "Donald Duck Finds Pirate Gold" with Pan characters, just about every character in the movie got their own story-- including Nana the Dog!

2:55 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

I don't have that, but I have comics that reprinted the stories from that special issue.
The remake of "Donald Duck finds Pirate Gold" is a Captain Hook story drawn by Dick Moores.

6:48 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off-topic question
Which Fox & Crow cartoon is that screenshot in the "currently enjoying" section from? I've never seen that one before.

11:05 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey duck dodgers. I have still been trying to find a copy of the country mouse. I have a memory of watching it specifically when I was really young for some reason it has been stuck in my head lately, but I can't find it anyway. I remember you saying before that you have a copy of it on laserdisc. would it at all be possible to make a video or pictures of it? you could even record it on a camera from the tv screen or take pictures of still frames. Either way I would appreciate it alot. If you know of any websites that has pictures of this cartoon, please let me know.

3:55 am

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Hi anonymouse,
still can't do them pics. Not have it on DVD.

Other anonymous,
the picture is from "Phoney Baloney".

6:10 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts | Older Posts | Home
 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter