Andrea/Duck Dodgers here. I friendly welcome every fan of animation at my blog. The goal is to support the love and rediscovery of Classic Theatrical Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation, keeping meanwhile an eye on Golden Age "Funny Animals" Comics as well as on modern animated productions! Every SUPPRESSED ethnic caricature to be sometimes presented here is just for HISTORICAL and EDUCATIONAL purpose and NOT to offend anyone. Stay Tooned and Enjoy the place !

Friday, November 18, 2005

An " Escusatio non Petita "

Sorry for the infrequent posts of the last days but both me and mmm..donuts are reaaally busy .

However , stay tooned for upcoming updates . Yes , the month of December will see , among the other things , a review of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection volume 3 as well as accurate analysises of many rare cartoons , including Terrytoons and Private Snafu shorts . Lots of high quality pictures to come .

Yours Truly

Duck Dodgers


Blog Founder and Administrator

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait. I'm intrested in Terrytoons. I was wondering, what's the best site to find info for these neglected cartoons?

5:51 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

As you said , these cartoons are neglected !
There are no websites which host interesting or detailed informations on them !
You can always take a look at the " Original Titles " section in Jerry Beck's Cartoon Research .

I highly recommend the lecture of Leonard Maltin 's " Of Mice and Magic " , an entire and charming chapter of this book is devoted to these cartoons .


Look frequently here around , as I told you I'll post in the month of December some reviews ( Full of screenshots ! ) of some rarely seen black and white Terrytoons .

7:35 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Just wait till mid-December for a plethora of updates , such as the review ( with many great pics ) of what is probably the most risquè cartoon ever made : Farmer Al Falfa's Ape Girl

8:41 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Duck Dodgers. I found your blog caues I've been visiting the Golden Age Cartoons Forums. I am well really, really new to classic cartoons and have found how much I enjoy the GAC forums. I'm 19 btw and my favorite cartoons are speedy gonzales. I notice there aren't many Felix tha cat cartoons around nowdays. Hey, good job on the screenshots. This is the first time I've seen Goldilocks and the Jivin' Bears around!

7:10 am

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Anonymous said ...

Hi Duck Dodgers. I found your blog caues I've been visiting the Golden Age Cartoons Forums. I am well really, really new to classic cartoons and have found how much I enjoy the GAC forums. I'm 19 btw and my favorite cartoons are speedy gonzales. I notice there aren't many Felix tha cat cartoons around nowdays. Hey, good job on the screenshots. This is the first time I've seen Goldilocks and the Jivin' Bears around!


Well , here's something you would be interested in !
In the month of December I 'll also post very good pics from some of the best of them " Banned Cartoons " which are known as the Censored Eleven .
Try to guess which ones

11:35 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts | Older Posts | Home
 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter