Andrea/Duck Dodgers here. I friendly welcome every fan of animation at my blog. The goal is to support the love and rediscovery of Classic Theatrical Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation, keeping meanwhile an eye on Golden Age "Funny Animals" Comics as well as on modern animated productions! Every SUPPRESSED ethnic caricature to be sometimes presented here is just for HISTORICAL and EDUCATIONAL purpose and NOT to offend anyone. Stay Tooned and Enjoy the place !

Sunday, April 01, 2007

"The Old Shell Game"

Why at Famous they did not release more cartoons with Wolfie is beyond me!
"The Old Shell Game" is the only Famous cartoon where the wolf is the real main character (don't be fooled by the toitle, folks! The star is Wolfie!)and it is also one of the Studio's best efforts.
Enjoy shots from a superior print!
I selected expecially the ones with Wolfie. There are some great poses of him in this picture.












































































Yours,

Duck Dodgers

5 Comments:

Blogger classicparamountcartoons said...

Dear Duck Dodgers,

I would love to post these wondeful prints on my blog. Instead of screenshots, I post these toons in action via others' YouTube posts. I pick the finest prints avaible on the video-sharing site. Would you post these videos on YouTube? I would apperciate it. Here's my blog (just copy and paste this link):
classicparamountcartoons.blogspot.com

5:08 pm

 
Blogger Krishva said...

I had a video with this cartoon on it when I was a kid. I LOVED this one. Thanks for posting the screenshots!

12:33 am

 
Blogger Thad said...

The only sequence I can I.D. off the top of my head is the turtle playing checkers to being caught with the fishing rod. That's Marty Taras' work.

12:44 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Thanks Thad-

there are great sequences with Wolfie in these cartoon. Expecially when he walks smiling with the caught turtle or his reactions to the parade of flags and other objects from the turtle's shell.

2:45 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Hi classic...

I'm trying to obtain original copies of these PD cartoons, but my copies are dubbed in French and I guess these restored copies are someway copyrighted.......

2:46 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts | Older Posts | Home
 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter