Andrea/Duck Dodgers here. I friendly welcome every fan of animation at my blog. The goal is to support the love and rediscovery of Classic Theatrical Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation, keeping meanwhile an eye on Golden Age "Funny Animals" Comics as well as on modern animated productions! Every SUPPRESSED ethnic caricature to be sometimes presented here is just for HISTORICAL and EDUCATIONAL purpose and NOT to offend anyone. Stay Tooned and Enjoy the place !

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Pre-Code Fun: "Boilesk"

Enjoy pictures from this ultra-risquè cartoon of the pre-code years!!









Love this gag! "Goodbye John!"



"Good-bye, wifey!"



"Good-bye, John!"



"Good-bye, John!"


























Well, I'll be seein' ya,
Duck Dodgers

4 Comments:

Blogger Sherm said...

Thanks, Duck...looks pretty good. Do you know where I can view this cartoon on the web? I did a video search and couldn't turn it up. Or is it on a DVD somewhere? I'd love to see this!

Thanks...Sherm

10:31 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That "Goodnight,John" scene looks hysterical. This flushes my friend's opinion that "cartoons were more innocent back then"

1:27 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another reason why the earlier Fleischer cartoons should have a official DVD release, and that can become reality, what with a few silent cartoons included on the recent Popeye set.

Which reminds me, I had recently posted up my Tribute to Ub Iwerks on my blog. It's their if anyone want's to read it.

8:03 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This cartoon actually got fairly decent playtime in the U.S. back in the mid-1990s, when AMC had access to the NTA package and showed Betty Boop, Talkartoon and Screen Songs on Saturday mornings.

12:07 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts | Older Posts | Home
 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter