Andrea/Duck Dodgers here. I friendly welcome every fan of animation at my blog. The goal is to support the love and rediscovery of Classic Theatrical Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation, keeping meanwhile an eye on Golden Age "Funny Animals" Comics as well as on modern animated productions! Every SUPPRESSED ethnic caricature to be sometimes presented here is just for HISTORICAL and EDUCATIONAL purpose and NOT to offend anyone. Stay Tooned and Enjoy the place !

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Up 'n' Atom

This is one of the best cartoons made at Screen Gems, the main reason being probably that it was written by Bob Clampett.
It stars a favorite of ours, the cat-that-looks-like-Sylvester-but-Sylvester-he-is-not. My favorite part is when the sexy female puppet says to the cat that if he wants something all he has to do is just whistle and the feline character starts to whistle in every possible way.
According to my friend Larry T this short looks like a Davis cartoon made at WB. I strongly agree.



Well, I'll be seein' ya,
Duck Dodgers

2 Comments:

Blogger Thad said...

Looks like an inbred remake of "The Hep Cat" to me. Funny stuff though.

5:51 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks great. I whish you can post more columbia cartoons. there rarley seen and whish I could see more of them. Can you post more?

3:52 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts | Older Posts | Home
 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter