Andrea/Duck Dodgers here. I friendly welcome every fan of animation at my blog. The goal is to support the love and rediscovery of Classic Theatrical Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation, keeping meanwhile an eye on Golden Age "Funny Animals" Comics as well as on modern animated productions! Every SUPPRESSED ethnic caricature to be sometimes presented here is just for HISTORICAL and EDUCATIONAL purpose and NOT to offend anyone. Stay Tooned and Enjoy the place !

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

"Abou Ben Boogie" is coming on DVD........... Chapter 2

Yessir, we need a better print. If you don't buy the Lantz set the very same day it will be released you don't deserve to be named "animation aficionados". Fanboys, that's what you would be. And I'd call you in other ways (What? Threats?) but I'm such an old-fashioned gentleman........







Buy it, fellers. Don't eat for a few days (what's the matter? You'll lose weight in the process...cool!)and spare the money. Rob a bank, do what you want but buy it. I want a volume 2.

Well, I'll be seein' ya,
a completely gone Duck Dodgers

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of all the cartoons on the DVD, you seem look foward to that one the most, don't ya?

4:45 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Yep, because it is one of the Studio's best and the only one (with "Pass the Biscuits Mirandy") that I've never seen in at least a decent print.
There are 3 copies of it available among collectors:
a b/w Castle Film reissue copy without opening and closing and credits;
an original technicolor copy time-coded with audio problem for the first two minutes;
an original technicolor copy combined by a friend of mine, with sound restored and a black bar in place of the time code.

The situation of "Pass the Biscuits Mirandy" is like the one of the second copy of "Abou Ben Boogie".
That's why I'm expecially looking for these shorts to come out.

5:18 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one of the best blogs on the 'net.

11:48 pm

 
Blogger esolangel said...

Pass the Biscuits Mirandy was achildhood favorite. I sang it all the time. Here's what I remember:
Pass the biscuits Mirandy. I'm gonna load up my gun. We'll use your biscuits for bullets and we'll get those varmits on the run.
(Mirandy)I'll use some glue and some chicken feathers too...chicken feathers ought to make my biscuits light...
If it's on DVD, let me know...I'm looking for it.

11:56 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts | Older Posts | Home
 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter