Andrea/Duck Dodgers here. I friendly welcome every fan of animation at my blog. The goal is to support the love and rediscovery of Classic Theatrical Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation, keeping meanwhile an eye on Golden Age "Funny Animals" Comics as well as on modern animated productions! Every SUPPRESSED ethnic caricature to be sometimes presented here is just for HISTORICAL and EDUCATIONAL purpose and NOT to offend anyone. Stay Tooned and Enjoy the place !

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

More shots from the Droopy set




Let's have a look at some other shots from the Droopy DVD set, many days before his official release......thanks again to David Mackenzie






The print of Avery's "Dixieland Droopy" is excellent.....






...and the Lah cartoons look terrific!!!!!
















Well, I'll be seein' ya,
Duck Dodgers

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow it's letterboxed??

4:36 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

The final 7 Droopy cartoons were made in Cinemascope. These are new transfers from the original elements and they look fabulous

9:06 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is off topic, but can someone do a post on the cartoon
"Screwball Squirrel"? I'm mostly curious on your thoughts on it.

3:38 pm

 
Blogger David Germain said...

Yep! I'm buying this set. B)

12:05 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Good, David.
Speak of it on your blog, we need many peoples buying this.
I really want an Avery set with the original version of "The Shooting of Dam McGoo" among the cartoons!!

7:34 am

 
Blogger Hammerson said...

>> I know this is off topic, but can someone do a post on the cartoon
"Screwball Squirrel"? I'm mostly curious on your thoughts on it. <<

I'll make a post about this cartoon in a couple of weeks.

10:13 am

 
Blogger Hammerson said...

>> I really want an Avery set with the original version of "The Shooting of Dam McGoo" among the cartoons!! <<

Yes, I was just thinking about that. This Droopy collection was a good opportunity to put the original (and unseen by most of us) version of this cartoon, but it would be terrific if it appears on the complete Tex Avery DVD set.

10:16 am

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

That original print should be featured in the Avery set...if things will go right.

11:21 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts | Older Posts | Home
 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter