Andrea/Duck Dodgers here. I friendly welcome every fan of animation at my blog. The goal is to support the love and rediscovery of Classic Theatrical Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation, keeping meanwhile an eye on Golden Age "Funny Animals" Comics as well as on modern animated productions! Every SUPPRESSED ethnic caricature to be sometimes presented here is just for HISTORICAL and EDUCATIONAL purpose and NOT to offend anyone. Stay Tooned and Enjoy the place !

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

DIE, YOU BASTARD!

Maybe it's just the psychopath in me, but I really enjoy this sequence from "Trombone Trouble" in which Pete begs fom help and Donald as an answer electrocutes him and does his best to send him to Hell. I'd like to share it with other cwazy people.










Well, I'll be seein' ya,
Duck Dodgers

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This scene was the closest Disney ever got to mimicking Hanna-Barbera's Tom & Jerry-style humor. Pretty surprising to see in a Disney cartoon, let alone one directed by Jack King.

6:21 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

It seems as when the Jack Hannah menace came along, King started to direct better cartoons, even very good ones, like "Duck Pimples" or "Donald's Dilemma",terific shorts.

7:44 pm

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Images seem to be broken... neither IE7 nor Firefox 2 is showing them.

2:02 am

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

I use Internet Explorer, Andy

4:44 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't see them either and I even have Internet Explorer.

11:58 am

 
Blogger Hammerson said...

Now even I can't see the images, and they were visible yesterday, and earlier today. This must be some temporary problem with Blogger and their image hosting server.

1:33 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

I'll try to repost them. However, Blogger is acting weird. It does not even allow me to give a title to my posts.....

2:27 pm

 
Blogger Kasey said...

I know Blogger is acting up and all, but I'm curious about the pics of where Donald is going "POWER,ABSOLUTE POWER!!" That line right there makes me wanna buy Chronological Donald vol.2.

3:14 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen this one before. How does the cartoon end? Does Donald actaully kill Pete?

8:50 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Nope. Pete does not die. It is a Disney cartoon after all.

10:07 am

 
Anonymous Anon said...

Sometimes, I wouldn't mind if Donald kills Pete for the jerk he is.

4:56 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts | Older Posts | Home
 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter