Andrea/Duck Dodgers here. I friendly welcome every fan of animation at my blog. The goal is to support the love and rediscovery of Classic Theatrical Cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation, keeping meanwhile an eye on Golden Age "Funny Animals" Comics as well as on modern animated productions! Every SUPPRESSED ethnic caricature to be sometimes presented here is just for HISTORICAL and EDUCATIONAL purpose and NOT to offend anyone. Stay Tooned and Enjoy the place !

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lulu delivers the Boid

I've always loved Famous Studios' Little Lulu cartoons.
That's why I was extremely happy to obtain from GACers Leviathan and The G Man great transfers of some of her greatest appearences.
Here I am, sharing with you a few shots from "Lulu gets the Birdie". I love the blue...er "now cross dat out 'n' make it" black crow character.
















So long, folks
Duck Dodgers

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is It True That Some Of Your Pictures That You Post Are Scanned From 16mm Prints?

7:36 pm

 
Blogger classicparamountcartoons said...

Do you also have "Eggs Don't Bounce"?

9:19 pm

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

yosemite (get it),
I don't own 16mm, however I own several DVD transfers from 16mm and even 35mm.

classic....,
you know that. I've told you yesterday I own that cartoon.

9:33 pm

 
Blogger Kevin W. Martinez said...

Thanks, Andrea.

I was surprised that NTA actually released this one on one their offical VHS tapes, since it's one of the most racially insensitive Famous cartoons ever. But I'm glad they did.

1:10 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was that black bird an early prototype of Buzzy?

2:56 am

 
Blogger Duck Dodgers said...

Nic,
Kevin too speculated this.
All I can say is that it is a great funny character both to hear and watch. Don't think it was an inspiration for Buzzy.
Guess it was a sort of trend after Dumbo, with all those crows and mynah birds and magpies.....

7:28 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts | Older Posts | Home
 
Free Web Counter
hit Counter